Saturday, July 10, 2010

Away for awhile.

Life is a bit hectic this summer, and I'm not finding much time to blog right now. I'm not sewing much either, and my knitting is progressing so slowly that I don't have much to talk about. Rather than try to blog and just not getting around to it each week I'm taking a break for the time being.

But I'll leave you with something I did sew, even if it's from a long time ago. I made this dress for my niece Madison when she was about 18-20 months old. According to the pattern it was the right size. But she was able to wear it for the first time when I saw her at my mother's house 2 weeks ago, now that she is going to be 5 in a few months. She is quite small for her age, but I think that the pattern was a bit off, too!

The fabric is a print of vintage little girl paper dolls and dresses and is perfect for Madi. She's at the age where everything must be pink (or purple if need be). It's a cotton print I bought at Poppy Fabrics, which is a clue as to how long ago I made this. I added a few vintage buttons at the front neck, and it's as cute as can be on her.

Hope everbody has a great summer, and I'll talk to you again in the near future.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh. My. Gawd. She's A-dorable! She's so lucky to have such a talented aunt doting on her...

shams said...

What a cute dress, Misty. And she is adorable! Like yous aid, she's at the perfect age to appreciate this!

Bonnie said...

I want that dress Misty!!

Debbie T said...

Just found your blog today and you have inspired me to get out my sewing machine. How cute your little niece looks!!!